Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Animal's Fate By: Franz Marc 1913


This is one of Franz Marc's greatest paintings entitled "Animal's Fate". The painting was completed in 1913 and is an oil on canvas. The original name of the painting is located on the back of the painting "All being is flaming and suffering." Initially I chose this painting because of the intese colors, and after learning more about the painting I liked it even more. The painting shows a blue deer lifting its head to a falling tree, red foxes on the right, and green horses on the top left. I also liked this painting because I learned from my research that each of the colors has a symbolic value, for example the blue stands for hope. This painting was very interesting to me because at first I just thought that it was a bunch of colors stroked together, and then I saw all of the different animals and trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment