Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arrangement According to the Laws of Chance by Jean Arp

This is Arrangement According to the Laws of Chance by Jean Arp. It is a collage consisting of torn pieces of paper pasted onto a larger piece of paper and is 19 1/8 x 13 5/8. I originally don't care for simple designs but, I do like this design. The arrangement of the smaller pieces of paper reminds me of cobble stones. It makes me miss home where there are a lot of cobble stone sidewalks. I also really like the name of this piece. I can see where it comes from. All of the smaller pieces of paper are similar but, slightly different. They are all the same general shape but, different sizes and color.This could represent gradual changes in a persons life whether they are physical or emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment